Workshop #2: Employees: HR practices for an engaged workforce
Date: March 25, 2020
Time: 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (Sign-in at 7:15 a.m., light refreshments provided.)
Location: Cecil J. Picard Center, 200 East Devalcourt Street, Lafayette
What makes a business a “great place to work”? Each year, Fortune Magazine publishes a list of “great places to work”. Companies highlighted on the list enjoy high levels of employee satisfaction, low turnover, and high productivity. In this workshop, we will examine the psychology of the employment relationship and the implications on practices that are consistent developing a reputation as a “good employer” and a “great place to work”.
Participants attending this workshop will:
· Discuss the psychological contract between employee and employer
· Identify and discuss practices associated with businesses recognized as a great workplace.
· Review analytics that indicate impact on employees
All are welcome however; this workshop may be of particular interest to:
· Ethics & Compliance Officers
· Compensation & Benefits Specialists
· HR Generalists
· HR Managers
· Staffing & Recruiting Specialists
· Small business owners